Last Updated: Apr 24, 2017 Views: 8
There are many places to find suitable information for you assignment:
- Check your course Moodle page for recommended readings.
- Use Library Search to find books, eBook, journal articles, and videos
- Check the library guides for recommended sources and specialist databases in the subject area.
Choose your search terms by analysing your assignment task for:
- keywords or concepts you need to investigate and use in your searching
- directive words which indicate what you should do in the assignment e.g. review, discuss or evaluate
- limiting words such as a time frame, “in the last two years”, or other constraints, “what is the main cause”.
Improve your research and information skills
The Library's Moodle site will help you develop the skills you need to become successful at finding the best information for your assessment items.
All Undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in this course. Look for it in your Moodle course list or you can use the link above.
Ask a Librarian
Having trouble getting started with an assignment?
Would you like to be able to locate, retrieve and organise information with ease?
Looking for research assistance?
This service is available to all undergraduates, post-graduates and higher degree research students.
Ask a Librarian sessions are available in person or online.
Select the day and time that suits you.