Last Updated: Dec 21, 2016 Views: 6
For the purposes of research or study you can copy:
- one article from a journal or periodical
- more than one article from the same issue if they of the same study topic
- one chapter (or 10% of the pages) of a literary, dramatic or musical work (eg. book, play, sheet music)
- 10% of the number of words in a literary or dramatic work in electronic form
- a "fair" amount of other types of works and subject matter, such as audio-visual materials, for study purposes (eg. clips from films).
- the whole of an artistic work if it accompanies text or music copied;
Search the Australian Copyright Council Infosheets for "fair dealing".
Improve your research and information skills
The Library's Moodle site will help you develop the skills you need to become successful at finding the best information for your assessment items.
All Undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in this course. Look for it in your Moodle course list or you can use the link above.
Ask a Librarian
Having trouble getting started with an assignment?
Would you like to be able to locate, retrieve and organise information with ease?
Looking for research assistance?
This service is available to all undergraduates, post-graduates and higher degree research students.
Ask a Librarian sessions are available in person or online.
Select the day and time that suits you.